Sunday, November 7, 2010

Did time get shorter or just skip the last 3 months altogether?!

Good grief time really flies! I can't believe it's already November!! We had our first major cold spell of the year this weekend & my grandparents (who live about 30 minutes north of me) had their first snow! Insane!! Thanksgiving is just over 2 weeks away and I'm super busy! Today I planted some violas in my front yard, to add a little color to the flower bed and I made 7.5 pints of Spiced Pumpkin Butter. The last bit of canning I have to do before Christmas is to finish using up the last bits of Watermelon juice I froze. I'll make more watermelon jelly with it. It was really yummy!

I have about 5 more scarves to make by Christmas... I gave up on making pillowcases for everyone this year. They are easy but it will be much easier once I have my own sewing machine at my own house. I'll also be making 2 fleece blankets as gifts (they are very simple, I use my Grandma's serger to finish the edges & voila!). So... to say that I'm not busy enough would be an understatement!

On top of all of that, I have taken on yet another project. I was recently asked to be on the board of a local charity. Of course, I accepted. The project is very dear to me and the model has been tested and conducted successfully! Now fund raising is the first challenge to complete. In the more Northern states, there are not enough pets to be adopted... often there are waiting lists for homeless pets. Here in the South there are more pets than there are people wanting to adopt. This leads to the euthanization of hundreds to thousands of animals each week. The charity will be a way of transporting the animals from Veterinarians and Humane Societies in the South to those in the North where they are needed. I'm glad to say that the first fundraiser will be taking place at Smiths Old Bar in Atlanta. More details will be posted on my facebook account, as soon as I have them!

It's going to be a very busy holiday season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment