So... after much thought & deliberation, I have decided that I no longer want to call someone else "my boss". My family comes first and if my husband goes out of town for long periods of time while trucking (which would begin this Summer), I would need to be here for my daughter. So I have decided to go into business for myself.
My first thought is selling one thing that I enjoy doing as a hobby. I know that once I make my hobby a business, it will be just that... but really there is nothing more satisfying than working in my kitchen, listening to my Itunes and creating something from just a few ingredients. The trouble I'm having is finding information on Georgia's regulations regarding selling Jelly/Jam, canned items from a home kitchen... so there will be more to come in that aspect. I have emailed a fellow Georgian who sells their jams online to see if they can point me in the right direction.
If that falls through, I have several other options I can pursue... but none of them seem to be as appealing to me as selling homemade canned goods. I grow the food on my or my father's property so I know where the food comes from and finishes! What could be better than that?! My other options would be my sewing crafts (and thanks to my wonderful husband who got me the most incredible sewing machine for Christmas). Things like Crochet, Quilts and clothing as well as accessories have been things I've always done. Now that I have the use of a sewing machine that is "up to par" I don't think I will have too much difficulty with the more delicate fabrics (silks and satins) nor the thicker fabrics which my grandmother's machine would shred to pieces!
On a different note, my sister-in-law is teaching me the art of couponing. So far I've managed to get several items for free at Publix & even get money back towards other purchases!
So while I chart out my business plan, I may be busy for awhile. I'll update as the ideas and updates come available!
No comments:
Post a Comment