This month has been INSANE for me, my husband and Justice... but mostly me. On the last Sunday in February, my husband and I decided to try a new church (Revolution Church in Canton, GA). Joey's sister and her husband and daughter go there and she has been raving about it for over a year. We watched two prior sermons online (it was a 3 part series, so we couldn't go to the last part w/o doing our homework) and decided we wanted to give it a shot. After 1 month of attending Sunday service and 3 weeks of attending women's bible study we are very happy to have found this church. My husband is even going to volunteer at one of the church services, and I will be soon (hopefully they have a place for little odd me)! Living in this town as long as I have and seeing what the church can and will do for the community is awe-inspiring. I can't wait to be a part of it! The Lord really does have plans for our lives and I think I may finally be on the right path (at least, here's hoping)!
With all I've learned just in a mere month of attending Revolution & doing independent bible study on top of group bible studies, I really feel that God wants me to take the "back seat" position in my family. For years I was stressed, for years I felt like I had to be "the responsible one" and made sure everything was done. I am allowing myself to breathe at this juncture in my life, but also focusing on the future. I am still unsure (career-wise) where life is going to lead me, but maybe the reason something isn't "clicking" is because God wants me to pioneer a new path?! While that would be amazing, all I can do is pray on it & follow His word. This is my life and I accept it for wherever He will lead me.
I am so so thankful for my sister-in-law, Katie. She is my best friend (next to my husband) and has done so much more for us than she could ever realize. Not only showing us to Revolution, but... COUPONING! No, I'm not an "extreme" coupon-er, and neither is she but we do save the same amount of money per item on some of the items the "extremes" will tell you about. You don't HAVE to stockpile things to get the deal and you don't have to buy 30 double papers every sunday... Katie and I each buy one double paper and pick up the store fliers when available, but that's it! For instance, tomorrow I will be buying the following:
2 packs Trident Vitality Gum
2 pouches Martha White Muffin Mix
1 box (18 ct) Kotex U tampons (I am literally getting over my fear of being seen in public with this stuff... yes I'm a woman... so SUE ME)
Guess what I'll be spending on those items?!?! TWO DOLLARS for EVERYTHING!!
This week, I also got 3 Covergirl Eyeshadows (the singles) and 1 Covergirl Brow/Eyeliner Twin Pack for $2! I saved $10 on the make up alone... so spending $2 on $12 worth of make up is a deal!
Either Friday or Saturday, I'll jump back on and post how much I actually spent on groceries this month, vs. how much I would have spent without coupons. Easily I know it will be a savings of 50+ percent! It has been RARE that I leave a store saving less than 50%. :-) I am a happy girl... we've been eating better than we ever have before and spending about 30% of what we used to spend on food! It can't get better than this, and if it does I think there will be great blogs to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment