Monday, July 18, 2011

Fun New Toy and A Few Thankful Thoughts

In the mindset I have been in since I was originally laid off in November, I have not really been checking out any sales anywhere. I am by nature, a spender and therefore I have had to quit "cold-turkey". However, today in glancing through the Target ad for the week, I noticed that they had a very nice Acer netbook on sale for $249, originally $399 and if you purchased the netbook, you also received a $50 target gift card. So essentially, you're getting the netbook for $199.

Since my birthday is in one month, I decided to go ahead with it. This way my husband can actually use his own computer and I won't need to take it from him to do my coupon planning for the week, blogging, applying to jobs, facebook updates and emails! It's fabulous, just the cutest little computer and it will do everything I need and more. :-D

In other news, Justice has been registered for kindergarten... which starts in 2 weeks! We've been busy collecting the necessary school supplies and making sure she's ready to go. It's a little overwhelming and I know I will cry like a baby when I drop her off on her first day of "big girl school".

This summer, my mother and I have made 47 jars of blackberry jelly and over 25 jars of peach jam. I have yet to make my blueberry syrup, but I will be getting to that very very soon! Tomorrow though, is an important day... must go see the very last Harry Potter in theaters. It's one of my guilty pleasures!

I have a lot to be thankful for today... my wonderful husband, who loves me no matter how crazy I am and my beautiful daughter. She's so intelligent and I thank God every day for her. I may get frustrated with her from time to time... but she is so precious to me. I am also very grateful for Carol Wicks... she donated one of her kidneys to my husband and gave me the prospect of a very long life with him and without her he might have died. It has been one year since the surgery and the doctor even used the word "pristine" when talking about Joey's kidney biopsy results. I couldn't ask for anything more, she gave us the gift of life when she gave him her kidney and I will always be eternally grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment