Friday, August 12, 2011

It can't be said enough...

God is great!! Not only because he is entirely faithful 100% of the time, but because even though when I have a hard time focusing on my faithfulness He always is behind me. I did get the job I have been praying for since June! It's not a glamorous job, but I'm learning that the more glamour associated with your job, the more stress you have! I have also started reading "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. So far my favorite quote from the book is "The easiest way to learn the purpose of an invention is to ask the creator." It was quite the revelation for me, as we are God's creation and what better thing to do than to ask for His direction?! He put all of us on this earth for a reason, whether we choose to believe in Him or not. No matter how unfaithful we may be, he never abandons us. It's such a wonderful feeling!

I can tell I have definitely changed in this "season" of my life. Even last year I was a much more negative person than I am now. My outlook on situations and life has changed. I still have plenty of work to do... but I'm just happy that I'm managing to change!

Justice has really been enjoying kindergarten! She's making new friends and learning so much! I'm so proud of her and hope that she continues to love learning and going to school throughout the next 15 years as she has the last 2!

Well, it is official though. I will be 25 in less than one week! I can't believe a quarter of my life has already passed. I still have so much I want to accomplish and do, so I better get moving!! I did come up with a partial Bucket List:

~ Perfect my sewing, crocheting & baking skills.
~ Continue working on learning different languages. Become fluent in 3: Spanish, Russian & French.
~ Get my degree!
~ Travel overseas & explore!

I want to work currently on these things (especially the languages and perfecting my sewing, crocheting and baking) but also being more adventurous and spontaneous. I used to be both, but have sort of "settled" into life. I think it would do my daughter (and marriage) good if we all were a little more adventurous! Hoorah for goals and dreams, they make so much more interesting than the mundane day-to-day!

No comments:

Post a Comment