This weekend has been so much fun! On Friday, I turned 25 and wasn't too crazy about celebrating. Since I just started my new job and am appropriately broke, my husband and I decided we could go out to dinner (especially since my dinner was free) and just go home and watch a rented movie. It was a wonderful and relaxing evening. Last night, his sister had planned a girl's night out for our moms, Joey's aunt and she invited one of my best friends to meet us there who I rarely get to see since she moved to Smyrna. We went to this fabulous cafe in historic Roswell called Party Chic/Kelly Kakes and it was ah-ma-zing! Everything from the decor to the food was stunning and I was overwhelmed with it all! Afterwards, our mom's & Aunt Phyll went home and Katie, Robyn and myself all went across the street for a few drinks. We ended up heading out around 1 AM when Joey & Katie's husband Ryan came to pick us up (we didn't get hammered, but we always err on the safe side and have designated drivers).
I feel super blessed to be married to my husband, without which this weekend would not have been as much fun. It's through him that I met all of these people (except for my mother, of course) and they all enrich my life every day! So a big "Thank You" to God for leading me to Joey to be my other half and a big thanks to Katie for planning last night and making this birthday the best one yet!! I love you all and feel so blessed that you're in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment