I've been pondering this for awhile. I think it's time to do blog segments... if anything it will help me write more & give me areas of topic to cover, rather than just a generalized blog. So here it goes. I'll be changing up the organization of the segments as I find their flow. This shall be my last generalized "just because this popped into my head and I want to to blog about it" post. So enjoy my lack of organization, until tomorrow. :)
In the meanwhile, I've also really been begging God to shake up my comfort zone, break my heart for what breaks His & give me a sense of purpose. I've been praying this for awhile (since about September) and I think I'm finally seeing things differently. For a majority of my childhood, I was a very "service" oriented kid. My parents believed in community service (as long as it was fairly local) and I was always enrolled in some organization or the other that really pushed the "service" aspect of things. One would think that once you're service oriented, you're always service oriented. In my case, that isn't true. Life hardened me to the needs of the world. Bitterness, rage and contempt overtook me until I built a wall in my heart to block out any more pain than I thought I could handle. It served me well (or so I thought) for the last 15 years or so, until I met several people who's hearts were pulled in so many directions that their lives just seemed to click for them. They LOVED everyone, really loved them. They listened, gave out of their abundance (and gave cheerfully) without ever expecting to receive anything in return.
I missed having a life like that... and so begins my journey. I have been researching modern day slavery, am a huge supporter of the End It Movement & really want to give out of my abundance. Do I have gobs of money? Not by American standards... according to the standards set by our culture & government, my husband and I live just above the poverty line. And we live quite well, thank you very much. Frugality is easily done without losing style! More than that, I want to help people here at home, our brave soldiers over seas, children & people who are currently enslaved around the world. Jesus really has given me a heart for all people, yet discernment to know when others are trying to take advantage of me. Now all I have to do is get out there and SERVE!
And that, my friends... will begin my new monthly blog segments!
Serve Sundays AND Frugal Fridays! Sunday serve segments will really be different ideas of ways a person can serve in either their communities at home or abroad! I'll share some past experiences & work on coming up with fabulous new ways for all of us to give and serve out of our abundance! Frugal Friday posts will be all things about the home. Any of you who have read my past posts know that I have been a couponer. I have slacked on that front in the past year... in this exhaustive search for my calling - but I'm ready to jump back on the horse! Although couponing is NOT the only way you can save money. I'll post household tips for projects, holiday segments of Frugal Fridays & ways to make better products than store bought ones (but for WAY cheaper)!
So I hope you'll check me out and find some useful information to transfer into your own life. There will more than likely be the occasional random post... but at least these two segments will have me writing consistently & really show my journey of becoming service oriented once again. Please remember this also, serving the ones you love IN your home is also another kind of service. Its all God's work & the calling on the life of this Wife and Mother! Join me as I mess up and learn how to focus my energy on the things that matter most.
"My command is this: Love one another, as I have loved you". John 15:12
No comments:
Post a Comment