Monday, June 10, 2013

Crazy House Project! Chair Re-upholstery, step one!

Soon, I will finally be at a "rest stop" in my last several weeks of household updates! In the meantime however, I wanted to take a minute to post about my very first re-upholstery project!

I went to several antique and thrift stores in my area on a quest to find a great mid-century chair that needed a face-lift (because frankly, I can't afford what other people consider a face-lift when I would just want to re-do it to suit my tastes anyway). My husband, daughter and I went on a 6 hour search for a pair of chairs, but ended up only finding one that spoke to me and of course (in true form) it was located at the very LAST place we visited!



Isn't it lovely?! No... I didn't think that it was styled in a way that suited the piece... nor me for that matter!

Here's the skinny... I picked it up for $19 at a thrift store. After an investment of $25 for 2 yards of Home Decor weight fabric, $6 for Furniture Nails, $10 for Black Lacquer Spray Paint, $8 for a bottle of "spray-on" Polyurethane, $5 for a roll of quilt batting, $4 for grosgrain ribbon to finish the back and lots of sweat, brain waves & burned fingers I can say (with pride) that it's finished!



I just love black and white! I realize that it looks like a vintage prison uniform, but it matches the curtains I made last year! (See below for that reference.)

I am so happy with how it turned out! Plus, I'm REALLY happy that I didn't pay an Upholstery Pro to do the work for me! Now I can sit back and bask in the glow of yet another DIY!



Here is my favorite DIY from last Summer! My living room curtains turned out amazingly! They aren't perfect but I couldn't have been happier!!

Are you working on any cool DIY projects that scare you, even just a little bit? Post your comments in the box below & let me know what your current "slightly scary" DIY project is or what you're DYING to do for your next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment