Thursday, June 13, 2013

I always wanted to be...

I was just browsing through the ModCloth website (because, how can you not? Its only the best clothing website ever!) and was thinking to myself of all of the things I ever wanted to be.

As a child I remember always wanting to be an attorney... well, having worked for several - I can now say, without a doubt, that I don't want to be an attorney any more. I always wanted to be a world traveler... and we're working on that. Stay tuned for a post on how to save $$ fast so you can travel more! But more than any of those things, I always pictured myself being one of those women you see who wears lots of fabulous, vintage styled clothing and who particularly rides around in a convertible with a scarf around her head and sunglasses on. What? You've never pictured that exact picture... hmm. Maybe it's just me then!

Needless to say, that convertible has come and gone (my husband's 1992 Toyota Celica). Of course in my visions, it was a Thunderbird or other vintage beauty... but I always thought that I could never look like those women. That they had money and could afford their dream fashions. Now, my conscience screams the question, why NOT me?! I don't need loads of money to dress how I want to dress!

If any of you in this big ol' blogosphere ever felt the same way... lets all just have a moment of silence and lay those negative thoughts to rest!

Someday...

Of COURSE we can look as fabulous as we always dreamed of & we can do it way better! Enter creativity & thriftiness! Did you know that you can pick up some wayyyy cute vintage hats & scarves at antique stores for so much cheaper than new ones?! I did! I recently purchased a beautiful black wool fedora with emerald green silk lining for $8!

Bottom line... don't tell yourself that you cannot be what you want to be or dress how you want to dress! We are our own worst enemies here! It's time to toughen up & tell those negative thoughts that we don't have time for them! No matter what your current station in life... that's no excuse. You can be what you want to be and do what you want to do. It just takes a little planning, a lot of elbow grease & some eyeliner!

No comments:

Post a Comment