Friday, January 6, 2012

Finally!

Phew... I finally have a few minutes to get my thoughts down. Its super refreshing!

Its 2012!!! I can't believe it! I love this time of the year for one purpose (and no it is definitely not the crisp cool North GA air, I would be like a bird if I could and fly south for the Winter!), everyone has this feeling of starting over. It's like being able to write a new chapter in your "book of life". Luckily, with Jesus, every day is a new day and a chance to start anew!

My word for 2011 definitely has to be "adaptation". The end of 2010 came with a lot of changes, and I had to learn how to adapt to them. Going from a full time employee in the legal/consultation field, to being unemployed, to being another employee in the legal field (yet I was not doing the legal work I was accustomed to) to being unemployed again (by choice this time) and then to working in the Food Service field... it was kind of a whirlwind! Plus going from having a full time pre-schooler/toddler to an elementary school-aged child was a challenge.

I hope that the word of the year for 2012 is "focus". I want to focus on growing my relationship with Jesus (life flows from that relationship and I so desperately need Him to be able to fulfill my purpose), projects that I need to get done (DIY home improvement things), being a better mom and focusing on helping my daughter with her reading difficulties and being a better wife by holding to a more stringent budget and encouraging my husband with his goals.

In my last post, I said I would introduce my first few projects that I hope to complete early in the year. They are as follows:

1 - Repaint/Decorate Living Room & Hallway (I'm going lighter and brighter, to encourage more happiness and light in our house)

2 - Purchase materials and make a canvas "rug" for our dining area. The one I have is a great rug, but it is about 40 years old and the colors are the 1970's spring green... not at all my style and it definitely clashes with what I have going on in my kitchen/dining area.

3 - Make decorations & favors to throw Justice's girly 6th Birthday Party in February. I'm already working on the paper mache for her tulip pinata! I'm really excited about this party. If I get everything done it will be so beautiful and she'll be so surprised!

Many of these projects would not have been possible without Pinterest. If you're not on Pinterest, you're seriously missing out! In the last 4 months of pinning, I have amassed over 2,000 pins for projects, recipes, ideas for helping me achieve my goals for this year and so much more. It's a truly amazing place!

Lastly, I want to share with you guys my "quote" of the month. I was reading through another amazing blog today from Chelsea at chelc.noelle@blogspot.com and she posted this from the Bible as her verse of the year, and today I really needed to hear it!

Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. (Isaiah. 43:18-19)

We are always changing, whether or not we realize it. We can choose to follow Jesus and endure the hardships of life with Him to guide us or we can choose to endure those hardships alone. I choose to follow Him. He amazes me every day and always manages to tell me exactly what I need to hear, right at the precise moment that I need it. So... what's your choice?!

No comments:

Post a Comment