Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pricked fingers from Pinning!

Oops... so I've been a bad girl. I haven't blogged in 7 months. Yes, I know that is a serious "no no" in the blogging world. Consider this my proverbial "slap on the wrist"!

Honestly, in all of my non-blogging time, I've been pinning. I've actually been on pinterest since the fall, but my name is Jessica and I'm a pinterest addict. I have almost 6,000 pins and 47 boards. I have a serious problem.

So, to keep me sane (because all of my pins are a sort of REALLY BIG to-do list) I will start my blog over. Yes, I'll still write about the insanity that is my life... but a great majority will be dedicated to the pins I have actually completed. What worked, what didn't, what was worth the time and effort and what wasn't.

At this current moment in time, I'm juggling several pins. I got incredibly lucky when spending the weekend with my grandparents and that sparked yet another pinterest project. While in Pickens County on Saturday, we got word of a transfer truck load (or two) that had donated Sweet Potatoes from a farm in South or North Carolina. They donated them to Pickens County (not sure why they would donate them to a place in Georgia) to make room for this year's crop. We scored completely free sweet potatoes!! So to honor their generosity, I am going to make Sweet Potato Crackers. I LOVE sweet potatoes and so does Justice! They're healthy and the recipe is pretty simple, so that is project #1.

Another of the pinterest projects I'm juggling, fabricating new, thermal curtains for our living room. They will have huge horizontal stripes of black and cream. Once the living room is complete (doing a redeco) I'll post photos of that!

I just made another recipe from Pinterest on Friday... mini Pineapple Upside Down cakes. They were delicious, easy and looked fantastic!

Eventually I may get around to either commenting on the pins I've already completed, or just moving them to a totally separate board (other than food, of course, those will stay in their current homes). I've got so much to do and as we all know, never enough time in the day!!

In the meantime, as I dream up ways to renovate our 1964 Brick Ranch, please check out a fellow blogger who I just love! Carla at www.hammersandhighheels.blogspot.com is truly amazing. I love her blog about her 1920's cottage and how she's turning it into a home for her, her husband and fur babies!

With so much creativity floating around the internet, I have enough hobbies to last for quite some time! Stay tuned as I post about all of the projects I'm undertaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment